Corpusty
postmill

Contact

Drainage Windpumps
Steam Mills

Corpusty postmill stood to the southwest of the village quite close to the river.


1839 Tithe Award Map
1839 Tithe Award Map - as redrawn by Harry Apling

Tithe Award 1839
Owner John Hase
Occupier James Utting

No. 133
No. 134
No. 135

Meadow
Mill Hill Piece
do

Pasture
Arable
Arable

1a. 1r. 38p.
3a. 3r. 23p.
2a. 1r. 14p.
---------------
7a. 2r. 35p.
part of 11a. 1r. 20p.

£2. 15s.


The were two other postmills in Corpusty. One known as the White Mill situated to the west of the Black Mill.


O.S. Map 2006
O.S. Map 2006
Image produced with permission of Ordnance Survey

Bryant's map 1826: Windmill

1826-1838: Mill demolished

Tithe Award 1839: Site owner John Hase; Occupier: James Utting


If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG10722973
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2006