Smallburgh
Wayford Bridge
east
drainage mill
River Ant



Smallburgh Wayford Bridge drainage pump was an open trestle pump that stood on the east side of the river Ant. Another similar open trestle pump stood on the west side of the river.

26th August 1912
26th August 1912

The sign board to the extreme right of the picture is for the Wayford Bridge Hotel that closed in 1961.

26th August 1912
Major flood - 26th August 1912
Smallburgh east pump on the right and the west pump centre left background

Norfolk suffered a devasting flood after torrential rainfall during 26th and 27th August 1912.

c.1910
c.1910

c.1912
c.1912

O. S. Map 1905
O. S. Map 1905
Smallburgh east pump lower centre right and the west pump centre left
Courtesy of NLS map images

If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG34902470
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2013