Ludham Bridge south
drainage mill
River Ant

Contact

Drainage Windpumps
Steam Mills

c.1905
c.1905

Ludham bridge south drainage mill stood just to the southeast of Ludham bridge on the north bank of the river. The mill was also known as Beaumont's Mill as it was run by Charles Beaumont in its latter years. At one point the tower was heightened. The mill had an Norfolk boat shaped cap and a fantail. The two pairs of odd patent sails were struck via a chain pole.

c.1925
c.1925

11th September 1934
11th September 1934

c.1930
c.1930

1800s - 1900s: Mill run by several generations of the Rice family

Kelly's 1916: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1922: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1925: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1925: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1929: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1933: Charles Beaumont, marshman

Kelly's 1937: Charles Beaumont, marshman

1960s: Mill demolished


If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG374170
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2007