Wood Dalling postmill


Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


Wood Dalling postmill stood on the east side of the road on the north side of Norton Corner, that is in turn to the north of Wood Dalling village.


To be Let or Sold
A Windmill in good trade with Dwelling house, Garden, Stable and other OUtbuildings requisite to carry on a good stroke of business. The situation is desirable no other Mill being within some miles. A good Tenant will be liberally treated or the whole sold a bargain.
Application to be made by letter or personally to Mr. Richardson of Heydon and Mr. Ireland of Guestwick.
September 25, 1838

Norfolk Chronicle - 29th September 1838

Tithe map 1834 - as redrawn by Harry Apling
Tithe map 1834 - as redrawn by Harry Apling

Tithe Award 1841
Map, Joseph Manning, Norwich, 1834

Owners: Anthony Woodhouse Ireland & John Richardson
Executors of William Ireland
 
Occupier: John Davy

No. 39

Mill, House, & Yards

Pasture

0a. 1r. 13p.

Nil (Tithe)


Tithe Award map 1834: Windmill

O.S. map 1834: Windmill

White's 1836: John Davy, corn miller

September 1838: Mill advertised for sale or let

Tithe Award 1841: Owner: Execors. of William Ireland; Occupier: John Davy, miller

Tithe Award: 1841: Windmill



If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG09522862
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2012