West Dereham
postmill



Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


West Dereham postmill was a small mill that worked at Mill Farm.


To be LET & Entered upon at Michaelmas next.

A small POST WINDMILL in West Dereham with about 40 Acres of Land adjoining.
Apply to Mr. D. Stewart, Stradsett & Mr. Josiah Greene, Lynn.

Norfolk Chronicle - 28th September 1832


On 10th May 1971 it was recorded that the remains of the mill foundations had been removed at Mill Farm by the Shreeve family from land owned by Sir John Bagge, of Stradsett Hall.


Faden's map 1797: Mill

Bryant's map 1826: Mill

September 1832: Mill advertised to be let

Greenwood's map 1834: Mill

1850: William Perkins, farmer & miller

Kely's 1854: William Perkins, farmer & miller

White's 1854: William Perkins, miller

1856: William Perkins, miller

1858: Mary Perkins (Mrs.) farmer & miller

1968: Remains of mill foundations removed by Leslie Shreeve snr and Leslie Shreeve jnr


If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TF66550400  

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2006

Top of Page