Mulbarton
postmill



Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


Mulbarton post windmill was working in 1775 having been moved from Dickleburgh the previous year.

To be SOLD
A MESSUAGE and 5 Acres of Land part Copyhold and part Freehold, scituate in Moulton, Norfolk, adjoining a Common for Sheep & Cattle, in the Occupation of Mr. Edward Skipper of the Yearly Rent of Eleven Pounds.
Also a well accustomed WINDMILL adjoining thereto, all of which Premises are scituate, lying and being within 6 miles of Diss, 6 of Harleston and 12 of Norwich.
Also a well accustomed WINDMILL scituate in Mulbarton in Norfolk and within 5 miles of Norwich.
... at Forncett St. Peter ...
For further Particulars enquire of Mr. John Murrell of Forncett St. Peter aforesaid or Mr. James Carnall in the Hay Market, Norwich.
Norwich Mercury - 12th July 1755


19 April 1756
Thomas Murrell of Mulbarton swears by oath that about February 1754 he purchased a windmill in Dickleburgh belonging to Amos Potter of Tibenham for £40. In August 1754 he removed mill to Mulbarton and eventually moved from Great Moulton to there with his family.
Extract from sworn affidavit


August 1754: Mill moved to Mulbarton from Dickleburgh

1754: Thomas Murrell, miller

July 1755: Mill advertised for sale

1756: Thomas Murrell, miller



If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG1...0...  

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2008

Top of Page