Morley St Botolph
postmill



Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


Morley St Botolph post mill stood at Mill Farm to the north west of the village and was an open trestle postmill that had previously been dismantled and moved from its position near the gas works in Queen's_Road_Attleborough. The mill was powered by 2 double shuttered patent sails and 2 common sails. A 6 bladed fan on a tailpole turned the mill to wind.

O.S. Map 2005
O.S. Map 2005
Image reproduced under licence from Ordnance Survey

White's 1890: Edward Clarke, farmer & Wicklewood
White's 1890: William Clarke, farmer - Morley St. Peter

c.1804: Mill moved from Queen's Road, Attleborough

Bryant's map 1826: Windmill

1830: William Clarke, miller

Greenwood's map 1834: Windmill

White's 1836: Charles Clarke, miller

White's 1845: Charles Clarke, miller

White's 1854: Charles Clarke, farmer & miller

1856: Charles Clarke, miller

c.1857: Charles Clarke died

1858: Mrs. Rebecca Clarke, farmer & miller

1863: Charles Copeland Clarke, miller

White's 1864: Charles Coplin Clarke, farmer & corn miller

Kelly's 1879: Charles Clarke, miller & farmer

White's 1883: Charles Clarke, miller & farmer

O.S. map 1884: Windmill

1888: Charles Clarke, miller & farmer

White's 1890: Charles Clarke, farmer

1970: Leonard L. Clarke, Mill Farm (had sketch of the mill)


If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TG06650034
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2006