Little Ellingham postmill


Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


Little Ellingham postmill stood on Little Ellingham common and was known by the name of Rockland Mill. The mill ran two pairs of stones, a pair of 4ft 6ins French burr stones in the head of the mill and a pair of 3ft 10ins Peak stones in the tail of the mill.

To be SOLD
A Good accustomed WIND-MILL Standing upon Little Ellingham Common in Norfolk, which is called Rockland Mill. It has a Pair of four Feet & a half French Stones at the Head, as good as ever were wrought & a Pair of three Feet & ten Inches Peak Stones at the Tail of the Mill. It is let for five Years & this is the first.
Likewise to be sold a new Dwelling House (if desired) very proper for the Mill
Enquire of Thomas Frostick of Rockland, the Owner thereof.

Norwich Mercury 22nd January 1763

1762: Thomas Fostick, miller & owner

January 1763: Mill advertised for sale

If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref TL99..98..  

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2007

Top of Page