Kenninghall Fersfield Road
towermill


Return to index of
Norfolk Windmills


Kenninghall Fersfield Road towermill stood opposite The Grange to the southeast of the village. The mill had a tarred brick tower and was only worked by wind for a few years and latterly in conjunction with the adjacent steam mill. After windmilling ceased, the steam mill continued to operate for a short time.


In 1973, Philip Unwin reported that the steam mill and the granary were still standing and that the mill had been worked by Mr. French on behalf of Selina Holman.


Kelly's 1892: Charles Burrows, farmer
Kelly's 1892: Charles Burrows jnr, farmer
Kelly's 1896: Charles Burrows jnr, farmer
Kelly's 1896: William Holman snr, farmer
Kelly's 1896: William Holman jnr, farmer, Wash farm
Kelly's 1900: Charles Burrows jnr, farmer
Kelly's 1900: William Holman snr, farmer
Kelly's 1904: Charles Burrows jnr, farmer
Kelly's 1904: Joseph French, Prince of Wales P. H.
Kelly's 1904: William Holman snr, farmer
Kelly's 1908: Charles Burrows, farmer
Kelly's 1908: William Holman snr, farmer
Kelly's 1912: Arthur Holman, farmer
Kelly's 1916: Arthur Holman, farmer
Kelly's 1916: Mrs. Selina Holman, corn & flour dealer


Kelly's 1892: Thomas Burrows, miller (steam)

Kelly's 1896: Frederick Holman, miller (steam & wind) & corn merchant

Kelly's 1900: Mrs. Selina Holman, miller (steam & wind)

Kelly's 1904: Mrs. Selina Holman, miller (steam & wind)

Kelly's 1908: Mrs. Selina Holman, miller (steam & wind)

Kelly's 1912: Mrs. Selina Holman, miller (steam)



If you have any memories, anecdotes or photos please let us know and we may be able to use them to update the site. By all means telephone 01263 713658 or

Nat Grid Ref 046.855. approx.
Top of Page

Copyright © Jonathan Neville 2007